Let’s talk about all things Fall decor!!
It is starting to get a bit cooler and the days are getting shorter. For some reason I always look forward to Fall. It’s the beginning of decorating for the holidays and catapults us into the New Year! After living in different states that don’t have four distinct seasons and now being in a state that does, it is so refreshing to experience the seasons change from Summer to Autumn and all of the beauty that Fall brings.
I love to decorate, both for Fall and Halloween. Each year we get out our tried and true favorites, but we always add some new pieces of decor to spice things up. It’s overwhelming at first:
But somehow, every year, it goes from chaos to cohesion!
You have to start by setting the mood outside, so whether people are driving by or coming to visit, they can enjoy the festivities. The kids and their friends love it, but I also equally enjoy pulling up and seeing everything decorated.
Check out some of my favorite details from our home this year:
The front porch has to have the right balance of spooky and appealing- because when the trick-or-treaters come you want it to feel festive, but not too scary!
I love this because the skulls and pumpkins are giving spooky, while the matching wreaths on the double front doors warm everything up. I’ve had these wreaths for a few years, but these ones are super close if you’re looking this season!
Inside the foyer this spooky skeleton from Home Goods is the perfect way to zhuzh up your entry table. Pair with some graveyard branches and a few lux beaded skulls and your room will feel positively frightful…
Decorating the inside of the house is a special tradition because it’s done in love for the family. Each child has their favorite decoration, some that they made, others that we found together and always look forward to bringing out year after year. Someday they will probably use these same decorations in their own homes and share these traditions (as well as make new ones) with their own families!
For us, Halloween is ALL about the decorations, costumes and candy. We have been intentional about creating a playful and positive Halloween atmosphere for our family over the years. You can make any holiday the way you want it to be with your traditions and the love you spread!
And as always, here’s my Fall Faves:
- Cooking: This chili recipe is a staple in our house every fall.
- Wearing: I’m loving the layered look right now of a cozy and cute light jacket with a comfy pair of Jeans.
- Nature Walks: The perfect activity that you can do on your own, with your hunny, or with your whole family.
- Skin Care: The season change can wreak havoc on your skin- I always reach for my soft cream moisturizer by La Mer because it’s tried and true and absorbs beautifully. However, if you want to try something new try this moisturizer from Tatcha that is made from Japanese purple rice to help keep my skin healthy and glowing. And I can’t not mention Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream which is a great choice for all different skin types. It’s also 10% off right now at Ulta! (Don’t you worry, a skin care blog is coming next!) 😉
- Candle: I am in LOVE with school scents products- especially their eco-friendly, non-toxic, sustainable candles. School scents is a family business created by a Mom and her teen. You will love how it burns and the smell will travel through the whole house!